Heartwood presents this Statement of Privacy to you in order to demonstrate its firm commitment to privacy. The following information discloses Heartwood’s data collection, maintaining, processing and transfer practices with relation to this website https://heartwood-uk.net/lms
Heartwood values each and every one of its website’s visitors and their privacy. However, please note that Heartwood’s website may contain links to other websites. Heartwood is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites.
Collection of personal information
When you use the Heartwood website you may be asked for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number. By giving us such information you consent to our using it in the manner described in this policy.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. We will destroy your personal information within five days of receipt of your withdrawal of consent.
Cookie information, pages you have requested, and your IP address may also be recorded by us from your browser as set out in this policy.
What we do with the personal information we collect
The registration process for services provided by Heartwood on its website requires you to provide us with your personal information. Such information, as well as other information which may be gathered while you are visiting Heartwood’s website, may be used by Heartwood and its affiliates to various ends, including:
- to contact you in order to confirm your registration
- to provide you with further information about our programmes
- to execute and apply your agreement(s) with Heartwood
- to properly administer Heartwood activities
- to contact consumers for marketing and operational purposes as you may receive telephone or email contact from us with information regarding special promotions, new products and services, or upcoming events
- to allow Heartwood to fully provide you with the services it offers.
If you do not wish to receive such information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, when we send you an e-mail, it will contain provision to allow you to opt out of receiving any further information from us.
Disclosure of personal information
Security of personal information
Personal information is stored on servers which are protected by security measures to protect the data against access by unauthorized individuals.
This Statement of Privacy is governed by the UK Data Protection legislation.
Heartwood may provide you with links to other sites. Please be aware that Heartwood is not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites. Heartwood does not endorse them nor makes any representations about them or any information, services, products or materials found on them. If you decide to access any of the third party sites through links, we strongly encourage you to read their privacy statements.
When you use our websites, our web server logs your Internet Protocol (IP) address to register a link between your computer/device and our website. We do so by using cookies. We do not collect personal data (e.g., name, address, etc.) in this manner, but those people wishing to request more information can supply their personal details via our Contact Us Form.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies are used by all websites and have a variety of functions, primarily:
- To allow the website to function as intended and in a secure manner
- To enable us to monitor performance, functionality and usability of the website
- To improve user experience of the website by remembering information entered by a site visitor
- To improve user experience by displaying information of relevance
The cookies we use:
Necessary cookies allow you to move our around our website and utilize the features as intended. These cookies are only placed by Heartwood’s websites and not by third parties.
Our necessary cookies will:
- Enable site functionality
- Detect the best settings for the device you are using
Our necessary cookies will not:
- Store any behavioural information
- Send any information to third parties
These cookies help us to improve our website(s) and performance by telling us how people use each page, which pages are most commonly viewed, and whether there are recurring errors.
The majority of performance cookies are placed by Heartwood. We also allow cookies by third parties, such as companies who provide analytical information to us.
Our performance cookies:
- Identify errors within the website, allowing us to improve it
- Help us understand user interaction
- Enable the website to run quicker and more efficiently
Our performance cookies will not:
- Store personal information beyond your current visit
The purpose of these cookies is to store any personal settings (e.g. Font size) that you may have chosen on the site.
The majority of our performance cookies are placed by Heartwood. We also allow performance cookies by third parties, such as companies who provide specialist information to us.
Our customisation cookies will:
- Store preferences that you select, such as font sizes or volume level
Our customisation cookies will not:
- Store any of your secure information
If you wish to change your cookies settings, you can do so in the “cookie settings” area of your web browser. Each browser manages cookies differently, so we suggest that you view your browser’s Help section to learn how to make changes.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide Services to you (for example, for as long as you are a student of ours)
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them).
Right to access your personal information
The UK Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to access information held about you. You can obtain access to your personal information held by us by emailing admin@heartwood-uk.